How to connect a typewriter machine to the sewer. How to connect the washing machine to the water supply and sewage systems independently and without errors. How to make the ground itself
- Connecting machine
- To sewage
- To the water supply
- Power connection nuances
- Leveling machine
- Checking the operation of the washing machine after connection
Buying a washing machine, you can ask for help from the masters to connect it. However, this procedure is quite easy, and many craftsmen are able to cope with it on their own. We learn how to connect washing machine without calling specialists.
First of all, perform preparatory work : choose the perfect location for installation. The most common places are the bathroom and the kitchen. When choosing a point where you can install a washing machine machine, you should follow these factors:
Before connecting the water, it is suitable for the machine to reach room temperature, so if the hot summer days and winter frosts have the device to stand for a while. At the same time, you can see if there is enough water at the entrance to the washing machine. You can check the correct water pressure by pressing at least 3 liters of water for 15 seconds when the faucets are fully open.
If you get less water within a given limit, you need to contact a plumber. Otherwise, you can connect the water supply hose to the water and gently tighten it so that the water does not get anywhere. In addition, drainage from the washing machine must be allowed. The most common solution is to install a drain hose on the edge of a bathtub or washbasin. From this solution, however, most families refused only because of the aesthetic, the drainage hose protruded in the bathroom, but also because of safety, because the water pressure often drainage deviates from a given direction, the result of which can be washed away not only by your bathroom , but also the house of neighbors living below you.
- close location of water supply, sewage and electrical network , to carry out the connection of a household appliance;
- harmony with the surrounding interior;
- flat surface flooring;
- convenient installation and operation.
Disputes about the location of the unit sometimes flare up among users. Some claim that connecting a washing machine in the kitchen is the best way her installation, others prefer the bathroom.
In order not to create unnecessary problems and financial costs, it is better to install a washing unit in the bathroom.
In some urban apartments, this room is rather small in size, in which case you can put your assistant under the sink, just before making a purchase, make the necessary measurements in order to choose the right height.
Experts have their own point of view in matters of installation:
- Standard accommodation is in the bathroom, where there is easy access to communications, and the floor is tiled.
- The kitchen is considered an acceptable option to save space in a small bathroom, but that’s where the advantages end.
- Installation in the hallway as an extreme option. Pros - there is no need to look for a place in the kitchen or in the bathroom, cons - you need additional laying of communications, and connecting to the water supply network will be problematic.
When all the options have been thought out and the place of installation has been chosen, we proceed to the next stage of preparation — dismantling the parts of the washer that serve as stoppers, dampers during transportation.
Any master from the service center will confirm that this is a very important stage of preparation. If it is not completed, then at start-up important washing machine units will fail.
First of all we remove the shipping bolts, then the spreader bars from the tree, the safety brackets. In the instruction manual, you will find the item “How to unlock a household appliance yourself”, where everything is described in detail.
Connecting a washing machine with your own hands is not a difficult task for those who are technically well-versed, cleverly controlled with various tools and have minimal knowledge of how to handle pipes, adapters and plumbing fixtures. If all this is unfamiliar to you, then it is better to contact the specialists, after knowing how much a master's call to the house costs.
The connection diagram of the washing machine to communications is shown in the photo, we will look at each action in more detail.
At first glance, it is easy to organize the discharge of water from the car into the sewer drain, but in practice everything depends on the connection features, which is carried out by two main methods:
- Temporary connection when the drain hose is lowered into the bathroom or toilet (when combined).
- Stationary - inset is carried out in the sewage system, and here users often encounter certain difficulties.
It is carried out taking into account the following requirements:
- the length of the drain hose should not be too large, as this will increase the load on the drain pump, and it can ahead of time break down;
- when connecting the drain to the siphon you exclude the hit unpleasant odors in the machine from the sewer, which is an undeniable advantage.
Important! To properly drain the hose connection to the siphon should be at least 50 cm from the floor level. The same rule should be followed when temporarily draining into the bathroom or sink for washing.
The drain hose is connected to the sink siphon for washing or sewage, as shown in the photo. As a result, the connection will be tight enough.
To the water supply
The housemaster needs to know how to connect the washing machine to the communications of the water supply system, without building up the filling hose with fittings from the manufacturer. If the machine is located at a distance of more than three meters from the water pipe, then the best option is to make a separate connection using metal pipe for guaranteed elimination of leaks in the most inconvenient place.
In the place of connection it is obligatory to install a tee, a separate valve for turning off the water in case of emergency.
If everything you need is at a distance of the length of the filler hose, then it will be easy to connect the washing machine in one of the ways (see photo).
Consider the connection scheme through a separate valve (end valve). To do this, you need a mortise clamp with a guide sleeve and a rubber gasket, or a tee.
- The clamp is carefully screwed in the water pipe with the sleeve out.
- The pipe is drilled with a drill and connected to the clamp or pipe section (then the end valve is installed on the latter).
- At the end of the pipe, make the thread identical to the thread on the clamp.
- The external thread is closed with a sealant or FUM tape.
- Next, the end valve with a force of wound on outer tube and the hose of the washing machine is connected to its second end.
- The end of the hose is connected to a typewriter.
- At the final stage, everything is checked for leakage.
When connecting, it is necessary to fulfill basic and rather important requirements:
- Do not lay the hose in places where there is a risk of possible mechanical damage.
- In no case do not allow the slightest stretch of it, because deformation may occur due to the vibration of the machine at maximum speed. The hose must be completely free.
- All connections must be reliable and provide 100% tightness.
- Before entering the washing machine, you can install a filter to protect all systems from small particles and rust, this will only benefit the unit and extend its service life.
If you fulfill these requirements, the floor in the room will be constantly dry while pouring water into the household appliance. That's all the tricks on how to independently organize the connection of the washing machine to the water supply and sewage.
Power connection nuances
Appliances of this class, like a washing unit, have a very high level of consumption. electric power within 1.5-2.5 kW. In addition, they are constantly in contact with water, so the connection of the washing machine to electricity with their own hands must be performed in compliance with all electrical safety requirements.
When an apartment is made on the basis of aluminum wires, it is necessary to conduct a separate one - with copper wire consisting of three veins with a section of 1.5 square meters. mm, separate AZO (circuit breaker) and RCD (residual current device). In particular, this applies to old houses. The cable must be chosen type NYM with a triple system of insulation, good stiffness, convenient for laying in the walls.
When self-connecting the washing machine to the power supply, you need to know that the household appliance is plugged into a separate moisture-proof outlet. When buying, remember; the higher the degree of protection index (there are only 8), the better. The socket is connected to the electrical panel through a separate switch with a nominal value of at least 25 A.
When the household appliance is in the bathroom, it is necessary to unplug the car when taking a shower in order to avoid electric shock.
If there is no grounding, then if the machine malfunctions during operation, there is a real danger of electric shock. In no case do not touch the case, prevent children from entering the room when the wash is on.
Connect to the switchboard as follows:
- blue core connects to zero;
- green-yellow wire - grounding, it is attached to a separate screw on the body of the shield;
- phase - to a separate switch or RCD.
Modern washing units need to be connected from a safety device that protects you from the unwanted effects of electric current . The device must have the following parameters: current strength 16-32 A, and leakage rate - 10-30 mA.
When a flat is without grounding , like most in the Russian Federation, the connection must be made according to the scheme shown in the figure. With independent connection to the electrical panel on the floor in the stairwell apartment building , consult an electrician from the housing department or ask him to perform these operations for a fee.
Important! If the connection is incorrect, the neutral wire burns out and there is a real danger of electric shock.
To properly connect to the home electrical network of the washing machine, you must strictly follow these recommendations:
- We lay an autonomous power line to the installation site of the household appliance. For this, plastic boxes of various sizes that do not spoil will fit perfectly. appearance apartments
- Engage circuit breaker , install a separate protective switch-off device in the panel: then in case of problems with the machine, the power supply will be turned off only to it, and the whole apartment is not de-energized.
- Use only recommended schemes that meet technical and operational characteristics; wiring must also meet the objectives.
Separately, I want to draw attention to the location of the outlet for connection: it should not be located below 60 cm from the floor level and not further than 130 cm from the body of the machine.
We must remember that the electrical connection of the washing machine is the most difficult. If you have a familiar electrician, then use his help: he probably knows how to properly connect the washing machine.
The washing machine should stand strictly horizontally , which is done with the help of the construction level, deviations are allowed no more than 2 degrees. The level is set to top part enclosures. The alignment is carried out with the help of height-adjustable legs, after the end they will come up with special nuts - with a key, tighten them counterclockwise, but without fanaticism.
Under the washing machine, place a rubber mat so that the feet do not slide. Aligning your unit by placing foreign objects under your legs is strictly forbidden: if they vibrate, they may slip, and all your efforts will be in vain.
It is necessary to technologically correct alignment of the body of the machine, for this simply follow the recommendations of experts:
- If the floor is flat, the legs are securely fixed on the rubber mat , then the washing machine will stand securely.
- Check the installation is possible in the simplest way. Click on the opposite corners of the case: if the machine does not move, then all the alignment measures are performed perfectly.
Checking the operation of the washing machine after connection
You can find out if all the work was done correctly using the following criteria:
- The tank of the washing machine is filled with water for a short period of time and up to the desired mark.
- The drum rotates evenly.
- No leakage.
- The water begins to heat up after 5-6 minutes after filling the tank.
- Drain works fine.
- There are no failures during the spin cycle.
- During the operation of the machine there is no extraneous noise.
At installation and connection of the washing machine it is necessary to consider features of each model. It will help in this attached instruction.